Blogger Layouts

Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby Check Up ~ 4 mths

I had my four month baby check up appointment today. Everything went well, doc checked the heartrate it was 161 and Mommy got to listen to baby's heartbeat. Apparently I have a very active baby in there, moving around so much that the doctor had to keep moving to get a heartrate check. She said "its no wonder you are feeling that baby moving, its so active" She also said that with my high bp and diabetes she will deliver us in October for sure. That makes me happy because I love the month of October and the birthstone is MUCH prettier then November's haha.......We also talked about c-sections. If the baby is measuring close to 9lbs or over she wants me to have a schedueled c-section. She feel my hips are too small to deliver a 9lbs baby and that the shoulders usually get stuck. So yeah it was nice to hear I have small hips, but I really want to have a vaginal drug- free birth if possible.  The less drugs and intervention the better as far as I am concerned, but to be honest I had a feeling since the beginning with all of my issues that nothing about this birth was going to be "natural".  I have concluded and am ok with it and whatever is God's will so be it. I know and trust he will take care of me and my boo boo. Just hand me a healthy baby (with Steve's gorgeous blue eyes) and I will be a happy Mommy.
BTW......I love my OB , Diane Sanfilippo is amazing! She is sweet, patient, and understanding BUT she gets to the point.  I knew her and I were gonna get along great when she said to me "Stacy, I am here to make sure you have a wonderful pregnancy and birthing experience" " My job is to give you a healthy baby at the end of all of this and that is what I intend on doing"  I was like Ok Doc lets do this and she literally gave me a high 5, it was friggin awesome.  I feel comfortable asking her ANYTHING and she always eases my mind. Today I asked several questions that I thought she might think were dumb but nope not at all.......1) Nipples hurt horribly WHY? and what can I do (she told me cream to go get) 2) hot dogs or no hot dogs that is the question (she said NO hot dogs and that makes me sad) 3) Can I use vicks vapo rub? (NO to much menthol) 4) Can I color my hair? (Absolutely make sure it is well ventilated area.....what color are you gonna do?) hahaha BROWN I told her and she was like OMG what a huge change that will be I can't wait to see you next month LOL Like I said she is great!   
So I still can't believe I'm pregnant let alone 17wks already! I sit in the office thinking OMG I'm at my "pregnancy" appt. I am going to have a baby. This is really happening (finally) its my turn to be a Mom......and its truly surreal. As the doc tells me about delivery, measurements, heartrates etc. my mind is BOGGLED by the fact that she is talking to ME, I almost want to turn around to see if someone else is in the room that she is talking to, but NO its me. I know for others it seems to be flying by but for me it has been an enternity already. I want my baby healthy and HERE so bad that I can't contain myself.  Once we find out "for sure" if its a boy or a girl I almost think the excitement will be worse........the anticipation might send me over the edge. Steve thinks having a name to give the baby will comfort us both, then we can start shopping and getting the nursery together so it will feel more real to him. Steve is going to paint a mural on the wall of the nursery, that is something he can give to our child. It's such an exciting time. We picked the date of the baby shower and things are getting into motion for that. OMG its soooo crazy that last summer I was planning my bridal shower and this summer its my baby shower.
 All I can say is this "Thank You God" for standing by me and guiding me to a life of joy and happiness. Thank you for your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment